Friday 25 January 2013

Home is wherever I'm with you



"She got sunset on her breath now, I inhaled just a little bit. I got no fear of death now"

Candy red nails, chipped around the edges just how she likes it. She bites onto her thumb, showing just a little bit of teeth unwrapped by her lips. Thin and pink, they stretch out into a smile as her brown eyes catch me catching my breath. She bats her spider-leg lashes and winks with one quick almond crease. I grab her hand and kiss it flat on the back, mapping out her veins and cartilage under my lips. She pulls free and rolls down the window, a tangerine light blinds me momentarily, and then all that's left are her denim shorts and red sneakers, the rest is outside the window, reaching for the bloodred sky.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love that quote "I got no fear of death now." and the rest of your words...they describe summer perfectly.