Wednesday 5 May 2010

Gossamer bridges


There's something about the air here. It's like a late night in a New Orleans jazz club. The orange lights and soulful music cater to my good moods, they make me want to smile and tap my toes and get up and hug strangers. You sit across me happily talking away, not realizing that I'm watching you and hardly hearing a word you say. The way your eyes crinkle and your dimple comes out when you smile, the way you look off into space when you recall something funny, splitsecondly re-living that moment n your mind. The redolence wafts in from all around, enveloping me in a cocoon of comfort. I am safely tucked away from all the poison in the world, all the shadows that seem to stretch just a bit longer than they should. It's moments like these where I love the simple things in life like good music, good company and good food. It's moments like these I wish could last forever.





Photo Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/papertissue/4569869248/

3 comments:

Rowan said...

this really is so lovely jo :) it made me feel so calm and happy. i should go on blogspot a bit more xxx

Anonymous said...

Then do exactly that; make them last forever. :)

zia said...

"..You sit across me happily talking away, not realizing that I'm watching you and hardly hearing a word you say.."

gosh! again, you voiced out whats inside of me!

keep writing jo, this is beautiful :)

HUGS!