Saturday 22 March 2008

Wasted Time.

I grew more assured, as each minute passed, that you had not changed during the time you went away.

My hopes went crashing to the floor when you left without saying goodbye, but now you're back and you're exactly the same.

I guess I should be happy, that you're still the same boy I fell in love with years ago. But no; all I can think about is how much time was wasted and how what could have been, and what should have been, will never be.

It would have been better if you came back entirely different. With you being the same person, all that stands out are the things that have changed. Like the awkward silences and the glances from across the room.

You can't expect things to just fall back into place, you can't expect things to be how they were. All of this is now just a void, what we had was swept away.

No comments: