Saturday 9 January 2010

It's such a rush.

A while back I used to be the type of person who would lay upon the guillotine to save my friendship. I'd stow my pride away and take fault even though I did nothing wrong. But I've changed. Now, I stand up for myself. I know that you can't trust anybody, and people, especially girls, are very sensitive. I was not surprised when two of my close friends bit me behind my back and complained about me to my other close friends. I was expecting it, actually, because when you spend every minute holding onto a person, you notice when they push you away.
And yeah, I'm sorry for dealing with it in such a harsh way, but that doesn't make it okay for you to say shit about me.
I just wish that it was easier to be open to people about flaws. Too many people take it way too seriously when you try to give them a little insight as to what's going wrong. However, real friends should be open when it comes to that, they should try to fix it. I think this has made me re-evaluate my friendship with certain people. If they're real or just a burden in my life.
I'm not saying I want to cut these people out of my life, I've had many good memories with them and they are important to me. I guess I just want to lessen the magnitude of their importance, of the time we spend together, of the degree of our friendship.

No comments: