Monday 19 April 2010

These hands are my own.


The feeling of loneliness just struck me like a flash of lightning in some barren desert.

I was passing idle time by browsing through facebook, listening to some John Mayer, and then I came across a post that I wasn't a part of, and bam! I just felt... so disconnected. I get frequent visits from this feeling, it's not even funny. I don't know where to place myself, who to go to, where I'm wanted, or if I'm even wanted at all.

Honestly, beneath all the exaggerated humour, I do get slightly offended when I'm not invited out with friends. I get that they don't know if they should invite me or whatnot, because it might be too early for me to start going out and enjoying myself again, but I hate the idea of me standing on some lonely island, while everyone else moves with the waves.

It's one of those soft spots I have, feeling left out. I don't know where it originated. I guess from being moved from country to country, leaving friends behind, losing them and making new ones yearly. It all feels so temporary, and I hate that.

No comments: