Sunday 18 January 2009

This Emerald City.




The thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely, because almost everyone has that smallest bit of faith and hope that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true.


At the end of the day, faith is a funny thing.


It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale is slightly different than your dream. The castle, well it may not be a castle. And it's not so important that it's happily ever after -- just that it's happy right now. See, once in a while, people will surprise you. And once in a blue moon, people may even take your breath away.




I have loved this quote from Grey's Anatomy since I first heard it.
It will always be a reminder.
A reminder that sometimes things turn out worse, sometimes they turn out better. Okay, so you didn't become a millionaire, but at least you aren't at risk of being hurt. You don't own more than 2 houses, but at least you really have a home. You may not have the most amazing looks, but at least you have people that love you.
A reminder that it's okay if I don't reach as high as I plan, nobody is anticipating a fall, except maybe myself.
A reminder that amidst all the struggle in everyday life, there are still those special moments, those which last a fraction of a second, the length of time is takes for light to bounce off an object and illuminate it, bathing it in gold. Those moments where your emotion is so overwhelming you feel like you're about to drown in it. When the world stops still, and everybody is frozen in time, including you. And all that runs free is your happiness, and that makes the struggle of life.. Okay.



Has anything or anyone ever taken your breath away?

4 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. I think this is quite an interesting time to be alive, people of my generation have talked about a paradigm shift, but I thought it was just an expression.

Pretty much, it's always hard to be young though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Magic takes my breath away-
a moment that is magical,
i like your blogging space a lot
it grabbed my attention

Anonymous said...

I love this entry Uma Thurman

and yes someone has taken my breath away already and he doesnt even have the slightest idea that when he did the thing he did (randomly) I was turning blue running out of breath i was so so so blown away.

But you know whats sad sometimes?
That person who taught you how to love or just gave you that unfamiliar wonderful feeling of surreal joy is sometimes the one who will make you want to unlearn love.
ahhh this is so weird
bye
bye
blue bird

Anonymous said...

WOW. :O
that was SO GOOD, jo!!:D
someone took my breah away.. two freaking years ago. and he doesn't even know.. until now. =)) hahahahahaha.