Tuesday, 17 March 2009

In the Summertime; When the weather is Fine.

Hello readers!

I apologize for not having written anything these past few days, I've taken a break from all the story telling and I'm enjoying summer, so far. I recently had a birthday and it was fantastic, seriously. My friends surprised me by hiding under by bed and in my closet : was a good surprise, really. I got a Holga! I named it Lenny Bacon, and it turns out my best friends Lienne and Monisha also got me a Holga! Isn't that awesome? I wanted one and now I have two! I named the new one Jelly Bean :)

--

Sweat drips down the back of my neck, like long streaks of wet heat. It dries on my skin and leaves a sticky trail along my back. My exasperated sighs escape my dry lips, my parched throat calling out for something to drink. I imagine ice cubes clinking along a tall glass, filled with a frothy, colourful drink. My limbs tremble with ache, the summer heat has weakend them into lanky, useless accessories. They lay in a bundle on top of me. My brown hair is stuck to my face, tousled and wet with sun and hot air. Like a desperate athlete racing of the gold, my ceiling fan is spinning at its fastest above me, but not fast enough. I squint in the harsh light of the blue sky my windows are letting in. And enjoy the Summer.

4 comments:

Lienne said...

JELLY BEAN! :)
It's like a fucking toy, man.
you'll love it <3

Lienne said...

ALSO, malaysia is just a few hours away, i can already feel the heat at the tip of my fingers.

CHECK YOUR INBOX AND REPLY ASAP PLEASE

monn said...

HAHA i thought you wanted to name it Penny?
:D summer sounds amazing :( we have so long to go, and so much in between.
LIENNE'S BACK, YOU'RE ALMOST HOME AND
WOOOOT - we're still your best friends :D
love x.

I HAVEN'T SEEN JELLY BEAN YET.
hopefully tomorrow x.

dong dong23 said...

coach factory outlet
gucci handbags
louis vuitton outlet
ugg outlet online
adidas yeezy boost 350
coach factory outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
coach outlet online
adidas superstar
toms outlet
2016.12.26chenlixiang