Tuesday 17 March 2009

In the Summertime; When the weather is Fine.

Hello readers!

I apologize for not having written anything these past few days, I've taken a break from all the story telling and I'm enjoying summer, so far. I recently had a birthday and it was fantastic, seriously. My friends surprised me by hiding under by bed and in my closet : was a good surprise, really. I got a Holga! I named it Lenny Bacon, and it turns out my best friends Lienne and Monisha also got me a Holga! Isn't that awesome? I wanted one and now I have two! I named the new one Jelly Bean :)

--

Sweat drips down the back of my neck, like long streaks of wet heat. It dries on my skin and leaves a sticky trail along my back. My exasperated sighs escape my dry lips, my parched throat calling out for something to drink. I imagine ice cubes clinking along a tall glass, filled with a frothy, colourful drink. My limbs tremble with ache, the summer heat has weakend them into lanky, useless accessories. They lay in a bundle on top of me. My brown hair is stuck to my face, tousled and wet with sun and hot air. Like a desperate athlete racing of the gold, my ceiling fan is spinning at its fastest above me, but not fast enough. I squint in the harsh light of the blue sky my windows are letting in. And enjoy the Summer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

JELLY BEAN! :)
It's like a fucking toy, man.
you'll love it <3

Unknown said...

ALSO, malaysia is just a few hours away, i can already feel the heat at the tip of my fingers.

CHECK YOUR INBOX AND REPLY ASAP PLEASE

your favourite sinner. said...

HAHA i thought you wanted to name it Penny?
:D summer sounds amazing :( we have so long to go, and so much in between.
LIENNE'S BACK, YOU'RE ALMOST HOME AND
WOOOOT - we're still your best friends :D
love x.

I HAVEN'T SEEN JELLY BEAN YET.
hopefully tomorrow x.