Wednesday 15 April 2009

Inspiration hits me harder than any boy could ever.


Hey guys,
So I blogged like mad yesterday, I swear I can't get enough of it! It's like the coolest thing ever to me! Sadly my blog isn't International, I wish it was.
Ugh okay so I was just in a good mood and since my moods have the ability to change in 2 seconds flat, my dad has put me in an annoyed one.

Anyway, Inspiration hit me today. I know I haven't finished my story yet and I will complete it. I almost always start something so enthusiastically and I never finish it, but I will make myself finish that story. But today I was reading about some acting techniques because I was thinking of things to do for club next year, and I decided that I really want to write another play. I've written two so far that have been performed, and I really like my plays. Sadly, I can never come up with an interesting enough story line so my plays are usually adapted from something that already exists. This new play, I decided to be based on Rent. You know, the multi-winning Tony Award Musical about 7 bohemians that suffer through povery and HIV in New York during the 80s? Well it's my most favourite musical, ever, it's very edgey and rockish and awe-so-some. So my play (which is still untitled, I've only made the scenes so far) is the teen version. The characters have the same names (still deliberating on that one) and they're around 17-18 years old, and each of them has a problem such as poverty, abusive parents, drug abuse and homosexuality. Though I'm still not sure about this play, I don't want it to be too similar to Rent otherwise it'd just be like, the kiddy version. I want it to have the same essence but have a different story. I don't know how to do that :/
I'd really appreciate ideas :)

Oh and just to tell you, I finished a new book! It's A Painted House by John Grisham and it's pretty good, made me laugh out loud in some parts. I didn't like the ending that much `cos it just left me guessing about what happens next. :(

1 comment:

your favourite sinner. said...

If you want, I know some great technique's to get people up and running - you remember, how ms.ball or someone would make us stand up and wake up. :) they're dead fun.

And, if you're gonna write a play, write about people you know ;) our lives are a little fucked up but realistic. :D mini-rent-ish sounds good though.